Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New Additions

An even newer addition! (A revision to yesterday's post!)

We were blessed with a giant, mess of a snowstorm which allowed us to meet for dinner & celebrate. We were blinded by shock as our friend formerly-known-as-Eve announced...

SHE'S PREGNANT!

Congrats to the mom and dad-to-be. We are so happy for you! A recap of last night - in Jenny's words...

One more thing as I sit here smiling about last night...

I just keep remembering how I kept looking around the table last night and was so happy everyone had something to celebrate...honeymoon, new job, engagement and new baby - how often do friends have so much to celebrate and share with eachother....now that is a great memory! I cant wait for many, many more.


_______________________________________________________________
I have a few minutes to spare before heading off to a quick friendie dinner. It felt appropriate to announce *officially* that the friendie family is making some new additions. We expanded by one last month and celebrated by having a friendie fiesta in Miami! (Has it really been a month already? Married life flies!)


Our good friend Katie Bags anxiously awaits the arrival of her new nephew, Nolan Riley. We can hardly believe he's almost here. It's a good thing too - his mom's boobs are enormous. (That's the subject for another run.) Let the countdown begin!


Finally, we are thrilled to add Mr. Cornbread to the family. Some of you might know him from guest appearances on our long runs. He often shys away from such lady-like topics of poo and sex, but contributes so much to the rest of our runs, that we are glad he's going to be around forever! A HEARTY congrats to the soon to be Mrs. Cornbread! Your mom is so proud - you did an Ironman, did another Ironman and are training to do yet another Ironman! Whew!

I'll sign off with the toast that never was....Mrs. Cornbread's toast. How appropos in light of the joyous occasion! We can't wait to see what the Cornbread wedding adventure has in store for us and have just the right number of miles to cover in order to do so! Strap on the fuel belts kiddies! It's gonna be a long run!

____________________

Hello friends,

I was never able to give my toast to Heather and Rick at their wedding so I thought I would email it to you all.

When I started to think about what I wanted to say at the wedding I thought of the quote: "Life is a Journey Not a Destination". How fitting that quote became as I started to think of my own journey that led my to such a BEAUTIFUL destination wedding.

My journey started during the 2003 Team in Training marathon season. That is where I met Heather. She was this fun, super energetic girl with a smile and a laugh that was contagious. So contagious in fact, she was coined the nickname HH (Happy Heather). While I was her mentor that season, she quickly became my teammate, confidant, cheerleader, friend and sister. I started the season hoping to finish the NYC Marathon and raise money for a great cause. I came away from that season season with a network of friendships that have grown exponentially throughout the years.

It was through that network of friends, a birthday party, a dinner for 12 and a night of mojitos and dancing that brought Heather and Rick's journey to the same path. I would never have guessed that night would eventually lead me to what I consider my city family. At the heart of that family is Heather and Rick.

I feel blessed with the journey I took to Miami and I am sure many of you can relate. Heather and Rick...your wedding was a true celebration of love and friendship with family and friends. I cherish all of the laughter, tears, miles and experiences I have shared with you all and look forward to the next journey we take together.

Congratulations Heather and Rick! I am honored to have been a part of your special day.

Much love always,

Keri

No comments: